Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default White spirit won't burn?

Huge wrote:
On 2012-05-01, John Williamson wrote:

A steady pull of that magnitude is fine. Pulling out a tree stump is a
shock load which is well in excess of what the towbar and its fixings
are designed to take. I'll try it with a Land Rover with a good chassis,
but I'll use a kinetic energy recovery rope to do it.

Don't.

The tree stump snaps off, the kinetic recovery rope contracts and flings
the stump at the car and does several hundred pounds worth of damage to
it.

Don't ask me how I know.

Chuckle I can guess, but the worst that could happen to mine is that
I'd need a replacement rear door, which is about sixty quid from the
local breaker, and takes ten minutes to fit. The last rear tub I had
fitted cost a couple of hundred and took half a day to fit.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.