Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote

Nope. Didn't maintain it at all in fact.

It only got the one oil change in 35+ years.

Are you telling me I could get away without oil changes?

Dunno. It used some oil and I figured that that was something
like what it would get with oil changes, so didn't bother.

Our system does some pretty rigorous emissions testing
on annual car rego checks and that didn't show up higher
wear than normal.

Aren't you leaving gunk and bits of ground steel in the sump though?

Nope, because its burning some oil.

It doesn't burn steel.

The oil filter catches that.

And there is **** all of that anyway.

There isn't any bits of ground steel.

Of course there is.

Not in the sump there isnt. The filter filters that out, stupid.

I only stopped using that car because I was stupid enough
to not bother to fix the windscreen seal leak. I knew it could
get a wet floor after very heavy rain and it eventually rusted
a hole in the corner of the floor and I was too lazy to fix that
given that it had given 35+ years of service fine.

I get a new windscreen every year or two. My car
seems to attract stones flicked up by other vehicles.

I managed to do two in one day, fortunately in work vehicles.

Best I did was two in one week. First time was my bonnet flying into it
after I didn't tie it down well enough, then the second one was a fist
sized rock coming off a truck. I saw it land in front of me and thought
"phew", then it bounced.....

Never had one of those. But then I don't drive
that close to trucks that have loose loads.

In hindsight I should have chased the ****ing ******* and made him pay for
it.

The old bugger who looked after the cars said as he gave us the
second one, 'here, go and break this one'. Never actually saw
anyone's jaw drop like his did when he happened to be out in
the yard as we drove in a bit later with the second one broken.

Cool!

Yeah, mate of mine in fact.