Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Hardwood floor install questions

Sonny wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention earlier. I read on one site that
putting a few staples in the felt and/or rosin paper to hold it in
place is a good idea. Is that correct?

. . . . . Now, I'm going to have to laugh at you, with a little
sarcasm thrown in. Stop over thinking this paper/felt aspect of the
project. This is probably the least of your concerns.

Thanks. I had to laugh too. Over thinking and over analyzing is what I do.
It is built into my nature.

Put the damn
paper down and tack it, staple it or whatever is good for you. The
paper laying job, itself, will tell you what may be the best thing to
do.

On second thought, go have some beers and relax, then go back to the
paper job and take care of it.

Sounds like a plan. I agree -- I'm sure it will all work out fine, but I do
like to think things through a lot before moving forward.