Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Help identify sink drain pipe connection?

wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:26:15 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
wrote:

On Apr 29, 4:12 pm, wrote:
I'm planning on connecting the drain of a newly installed sink and I
know I need the tail pipe and p trap but I need to connect to the
existing drain pipe. The house was built in the northeast US in
1965. Can anyone PLEASE identify the type of connector required to
mate up to this drain?
http://www.fdcx.net/pix/drain.jpg

It appears that there might be a piece of the old drain still
inserted. What is recommended to make this connection?

Thanks all - signed (NOT a plumber but too cheap to call one)

Do you have any objections to using a rubber no-hub coupling?

Well thanks all for the feed back. Molly's suggestion what what I
ended up doing. I cut the copper pipe behind the soldered on cast
adapter and used a rubber connection to join the ABS coming off the
trap. Works like a charm.

Glad it worked out. It is always good to hear from the OP of any post what
the final outcome was
after taking into account the feedback and suggestions that others provided.