Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

On 4/30/2012 8:48 PM, cjt wrote:
On 04/30/2012 10:41 AM, Tamara Lynn wrote:
"Ed wrote:

"Tamara wrote in message
I was told about 16 years ago when I bought the house that the Lennox
central heat and air was on its last leg. I am glad I have waited
this
long.

I have been cheated nearly every time a service 'professional'
comes out.
One drove a half a mile, slammed the doors shut and billed me $85
for 5
minutes of work. I am a single mother, now unemployed and can't
afford a
new unit at this time. But it is on my wish list...after the
election,
when I hope to be able to get a job. :-)

Once you get working, think about a new unit. It may pay for itself
with
energy savings.

Oh, that tech worked more than five minutes, unless he lived next door.
And he has a lot of costs to maintain that truck and tools. In this
area,
it is about $120 to ring the doorbell.

As I said above, it's on my wish list. I had two bids to buy one at the
time I lost my job. I have to live on meager savings, because my child
support is more than $367 per month, which means no foods stamps or
healthcare.

As to $120 to ring the bell, well that is pure bull****. Not only am
I an
accountant, but have owned and ran several businesses over 25 years.
I am
not going to break down the costs for you, but he was practically
next door.
The one before him lied about a pound on the freon.

I may be a female, but I am not an idiot.lol

HVAC seems to attract crooks, IMHO.

Conjecture you can't back up with any meaningful stats. Fact is, most of
these techs work for companies that have no interest in screwing anybody
because they live an die by their reputations just like any business.