Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah[_2_] gonjah[_2_] is offline

Default Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

On 4/30/2012 8:46 PM, cjt wrote:
On 04/30/2012 10:02 AM, Tamara Lynn wrote:
wrote:

It's good to hear your system lasted that long but you might want to
look
into getting a new one and have someone look at your duct work too.

I was told about 16 years ago when I bought the house that the Lennox
central heat and air was on its last leg. I am glad I have waited this
long.

I have been cheated nearly every time a service 'professional' comes
out.
One drove a half a mile, slammed the doors shut and billed me $85 for 5
minutes of work. I am a single mother, now unemployed and can't
afford a
new unit at this time. But it is on my wish list...after the
election, when
I hope to be able to get a job. :-)

I once had a "professional" come out who disconnected every wire he
could find, then called me over, pointed at the mess he'd made, and
said, "It's ruined, we'll have to replace the whole unit." I sent him
packing. But in the end he had done so much damage that I actually
DID have to replace the whole unit, at considerable cost. Since then
I do my own servicing.

It really pays to check references. I have no desire to fix my own HVAC
when there are plenty of qualified techs that do honest work and can get
the job done in a fraction of the time. YMMV.