Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another kitchen bites the dust UPDATED PHOTOS

On Apr 27, 3:57 pm, Swingman wrote:

Robert/nailshooter is indeed correct about having a good camera, but I
no longer relish spending the money and/or taking the time to be
proficient with one.

Only a modicum of skill is needed these days. With the advent of $150
monster cameras with really wide angle lenses, as George Lucas is
known to say about problems, "you can fix that in editing". Got this
camera about a year ago

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-...55620&sr =1-1

when my other favorite started becoming unreliable. I use both still
shots as well as short videos. I am really pleased with everything
except the fact that it records video in Quicktime. The older camera
was good for about 12 - 14,000 shots and hundreds of hours of
inspection videos, so this one is just getting broken in. And with
16GB of Class 10 memory only $15, I have stills and video everywhere.

I edit with Xnview and its plug ins. It's free and mighty easy to
use. IIRC, many, many years ago someone recommended it right here on
the wrec.

I take a lot of pictures these days but nothing so interesting as your
work. Most of mine is CYA stuff since almost all I do these days are
a lot of repairs. I document rotten wood, penetration points of
leaks, termites, incorrect wiring, code violations, etc. In some
cases I provide annotated pictures (CMA = cover MY ass) of serious
matters that void warranties or could create safety problems.

And, I can, and will, talk a blue goose out of the clouds in my favor
... AAMOF, about the only one who can top me in that regard is Robert
himself ... two times.

Right Leon?

Sure, drag Leon in it. You don't need any help, Karl! ;^) :^)
You can hold your own, and I can take it. I have Butch on my side!

All kidding aside, that kitchen is another really nice job. You and
team "Caillouet" always do nice stuff. Unlike you, I don't mind those
remodels. If I had turned that out, I would be pretty proud.

Robert