Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Hardwood floor install questions

TomR wrote:

Second, I have read that when using roofing felt, one minor issue can
be that black marks can sometimes end up being transferred onto the
new hardwood and/or walls and trim while working with it and doing
the new floor installation. That's a very minor issue, I know. Also, a
couple of places online mentioned that sliding the hardwood
pieces in place over rosin paper is a little easier than sliding it
over roofing felt to get a tight fit between the pieces along the
tongue and groove. That too, seems minor to me, or maybe not any
problem at all -- but that's what I read.

Your plan sounds reasonable but don't count on a really tight fit between
all pieces unless the one being installed is wedged to its neighbor...you'll
be surprised how non-straight the edges can be.

You might want to have your flooring installer install the baseboards as
well. That can be a bear, particularly across the floor planks if they
haven't taken care to get them all at the same height. Much depends on the
sub-floor.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...