Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

On 4/30/2012 3:19 PM, Tamara Lynn wrote:
"gonjah"gonjah.net wrote:

That $85 sounds like a min charge and not at all unusual. You're an
accountant so so know what "opportunity cost" is. If you don't want to pay
the min charge, don't have them come out. They have to have some form of
protection. I always ask what the min service charge is upfront. It's good
to know the hourly rate after that too.

I should clarify that $85 in my area is not a bad charge. My point is I
don't have the money to have some one come out. (hence, my post)

I usually pay the yearly fee early for them to come out and check things
out, etc. Seems like lately they are coming out for foolish things, instead
of servicing the system and I wanted to make sure it wasn't something silly
I just overlooked. My old A/C guy could diagnois my problem on the phone,
but he finally retired. He service the unit for most of the thirty years.
(Before I owned it.)

I was wondering about that. Someone gave it a lot of TLC.

I can paint, roof a home, change an electrical outlet, repair a post and
panel on my stockade fence, replace a sink faucet, just to name a few...

Necessity is the mother of invention.

BTW: AFAIK, Freon is only going to get more expensive. I don't get upset
about markups until they get past 100% but it's common to go well over
that.