Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Colin Horsley Colin Horsley is offline

Default Slightly OT - What to do with old 3.5 floppy discs?

wrote in message
: On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:48:50 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
: wrote:
:
: I have a dozen old blank 3.5 inch floppy discs. They're not much good
: for wind chime sounders, anyone got any good uses? I can always
: scrap and recycle the sliding metal covers, but that's about all I can
: think of doing.
: Store them next to your 8" and 5 1/4" floppies to remind your great
: grandchildren how wonderful it was before Microsoft unleashed the
: bloatware known as Windows.
:
: I'm afraid it may have been lost, but for a time one of my favorite
: examples was a 360K floppy that contained the essential DOS 2.1 files
: to boot a computer, a complete WordStar installation (including
: SpellCheck and MailMerge), and still had space for an 80K document.
:
: PlainBill

I am still looking for the 5-1/4" floppy BIOS setup disk for my
first NEC 286 APC IV computer. Anyone got one?
20Mb HDD. 640k RAM. It also ran DOS3.3 and WordStar.

Colin