Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Prices lowered for the economy?

Many years ago, in 1996. I had access to the Sears repair flat rate book. I
wish I'd made photo copies of it. their cheapest no heat call "educate
customer" was $136, and that was in 1996.

I've also fired customers, though not often.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

I do all sorts of work and the thing most folks can't get through their
heads is the fact that I don't sell parts, I sell my time. The price of
my time is based on the number of years and the cost of me gaining the
skills and knowledge I possess. People who complain about the cost of
labor for a job are the same people who will pay a lawyer $250.00 for
a few sheets of paper without batting an eye. I tell them, you pay an
attorney $250.00 for 10 cents worth of paper and you're complaining
about paying me $250.00 for an electric motor and the time it took me to
remove/install and obtain said motor for you plus coming to you? Do
you have brain damage or something? I do fire customers on a regular
basis if they're the constant complaining type. I'm never nasty to them,
I simply tell them that I can no longer help them, please call
someone else. Call Monstrous Repair Service with 150 service techs and
you'll find out why it is they all drive shiny new trucks. ^_^

TDD