Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Cabinet Door - AFCCT

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:37:57 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 4/29/2012 10:22 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 09:19:43 -0500, wrote:

Not to mention that they are considered "portable", and wrestling these
thing around by yourself during the build does not get easier the older
you get.

Tell me about it. I'm still fairly strong, but it's fadin', and I
haven't even hit 60 yet.

That slope gets steeper and slipperier.

Tell me about it. I work mostly for seniors, and I hear that every
day, even when I'm not watching my own trajectory.

I used to carry a tons worth of
feed, two one hundred pound sacks at a time, 1/4" mile to the barn, in
rubber boots, in ankle deep mud, after a big rain when the feed trucks
couldn't make it all the way in.

Joys! I used to throw transmissions and differentials around by
myself.

Now I find myself looking for someone to help me shift a sheet of 3/4"
ply ... I can still do it, but I might pay for it for a couple of weeks.

I finally got some non-narcotic pain meds from the doctor to keep me
afloat, and my energy is up as a result.

If you don't mind asking, what is it? I just got scolded and taken off
OTC ibuprofen, which had me convinced I was twenty years younger.

I was given some vicodin by the dentist for some ongoing work he was
doing, then he got worried that I'd be addicted and switched me to
Ultracet, a mix of Tramadol and Acetaminophen. Those cost a buck a
pill (ouch!), but worked nearly as well as the opiate with
considerably less stomach discomfort/nausea. I liked it better.

So, when my MD forced me off the 6-8 a day ibuprofens (high blood
pressure), I asked for a non-narcotic painkiller. When she suggested
Tramadol, I told her that I was familiar with it. The straight generic
50mg Tramadol is under seven cents a pill and works better than the
pricy stuff did. It also messes with your head less. Since I don't
feel my osteoarthritic pain as much, I have a higher level of energy
than I did. It's not perfect, but it's a real relief.

By eating more varied foods and watching my portions, I have lost 15
pounds in the 3 months since the doc said she'd like me to lose ten
pounds for my BP. I want to lose 20 more, getting back to about what I
weighed in high school, and I'm on track for that.

--
You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.'
-- Charles A. Budreau