Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Hardwood floor install questions

Oren wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:34:42 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

Cherry Hill, NJ

I been there :-\ I forget which exit. My bride graduated school in
Cherry Hill.

Exit 4. Cherry Hill East or Cherry Hill West?

Your photos looked like a home with well built sub floors.

They had butt joints side by side (2), but it works....first I've seen
it like that.

The subfloor does seem strong, especially now that it has been re-nailed to
the joists. It is 3/4-inch tongue and groove wood although the tongue and
groove parts aren't very tightly connected in many places. It looks like
the wood shrank over the years as it dried out, so the tongue and groove
seams tend to have small gaps rather than fitting together tightly.

How old is your building?

I think it was built in the mid 1940's.