Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Countersink nails on Exterior Paint Job

On Apr 28, 11:13*am, Senin wrote:
On Apr 28, 7:41*am, Robert Macy wrote:

On Apr 28, 2:56*am, Senin wrote:

I am having my house exterior painted. *Full paint job, I even paid
extra for his handyman/carpenter to replace dryrotted planks on my
wood siding.

My question is...

Should part of his job be to countersink the nails that are exposed on
the siding?

*IF* you can argue that 'counter sinking nail heads' is included as
part of a standard methodology for an expected high quality paint job;
go for it.

Sorry. *I guess my question should have been...
Is countersinking nails part of standard methodology for an expected
high quality paint job.

And, by the way, the painters left for the weekend. *Leaving the
windows and patio door covered in plastic. *Is that standard operating
procedures, or should they have removed them? *I think if it were just
overnight, I could see them leaving them, but an entire weekend seems
like a long time.

In my experience, even painter's tape's adhesive likes to become
permanant after 24 hours, *and* permanent almost immediately upon
exposure to heat and sun. - never did get that @#$$@#$ stuff off!
after leaving for 7 days. ...in the shade.