Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Geoff Pearson Geoff Pearson is offline

Default 2 satellite dishes on one house?

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
X-POST added

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
Bob Minchin wrote:

planning requirements have changed quite a bit
since then and in most cases, they have relaxed rather than tightened.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/per...jects/antenna/

Oooh I have a TV aerial, a DAB aerial, an FM aerial and a dish, better
hope dennis doesn't snitch

I've x-posted to uk.tech.digital-tv because that is where the aerial
installers hang out.

If I read the contents of the above link correctly:

"an antenna mounted on the roof only sticks out above the roof when there
is a chimney-stack. In this case, the antenna should not stick out more
than 60 centimetres above the highest part of the roof, or above the
highest part of the chimney stack, whichever is lower."

virtually all the installations I can see from my house require planning
permission because they are above the top of the chimney which is above
the top of the house.

I know my last installation at a previous house (hoisted high on an alloy
scaffolding pole and still high and proud) is well outside these limits.

The ambiguous phrasing of
"if you are installing a single antenna, it is not more than 100
centimetres in any linear dimension (not including any projecting feed
element, reinforcing rim, mounting and brackets);"
makes me wonder if the modern toast racks you see are within these rules.

I can also, from where I am sitting now, see a roof with two poles and
three TV aerials on the chimney (although all look so eroded they are
probably not in current use) which are all above roof and chimney height.

Pondering further on "mounted on the roof" does that mean that there are
no restrictions if it is mounted on a wall (e.g. a gable end)?

This all looks very silly.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Odd to see the term "antenna" used here. "Aerial" is the common term for
broadcast stuff - I tend to use antenna only for radio astronomy - in a
probing sort of way.