Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Shop Cabinet Door - AFCCT

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:41:29 -0500, Swingman wrote:
Thought I would never say this, but you just made me a lot prouder of
our touchy, feely progressives here in Texas ... bless their little pea
picking liberal hearts.

Actually, I support the ban against chicken raising, but for a
different reason. My first reason is personal.

Because of an infestation of pigeons on all balconies in my apartment
building, I've developed a hatred for birds of all types. The damn
birds made the balconies literally unusable. About ten years ago, the
building management netted the balconies to fix the bird problem, but
that didn't alleviate my hatred much.

My second reason is practical. I don't know about population attitudes
in Texas, but too many people are irresponsible here as far as I'm
concerned. Assuming chicken raising was permitted, I'd expect loose
chickens and other sorts of farm animals to be scavenging on the
streets within a few years. People would flock to chicken raising with
makeshift, ineffective cages and then dump the chickens on the street
when they decided they were tired with it.

No thanks. Cities are not suitable habitats for farm animals of any
type.