Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Cabinet Door

-MIKE- wrote in
:

With a jig saw, it helps to sharpen the tip. You really have to pull
forward while plunging to help stop it from pushing forward. I've done
it and can get it pretty clean most of the time, but it's not
something I'd want to "have to" do.

I wonder if cutting a thinner slot using something like the HF multitool
then plunging the jigsaw into that slot would help things out. Sometimes
it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Of course, the easiest way to avoid the need for plunging is to make one
continuous cut. I could round the corners and avoid the whole plunging
issue all together. I'm reasonably certain the jigsaw will cut a penny-
sized curve without trouble.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.