Posted to uk.d-i-y
H. Neary H. Neary is offline

Default Weekly spends on domestic requisoites

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:37:15 +0100, "tim...."
wrote:

"H. Neary" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 00:41:15 +0100, "Roberts" wrote:

There are now just the wife and I and we spend about £240 a month mostly
in
Tescos but we are moving away from them because of their attempts to rip
you
off at every chance.A few years ago that money covered spending for two
atheletic children and us two so don't be too hard on SWMBO. I do the
shopping myself so perhaps try doing the weekly shop yourself and see
where
the money goes.
Robbie

A bit off topic ? but I agree totally. Tesco's do adopt underhand
tactics. I've seen things "misplaced" on shelves quite frequently and
even fell foul myself once. Needless to say the misplaced items always
end up in a cheaper space.

The other gripe are these "for one" offers. I feel ripped off if I
only want a normal quantity, so I just use Morrisons or Asda.

WTP?

Unless it's veg you either keep the extra item in the cupboard or stick it
in the freezer

tim

http://www.packagingnews.co.uk/news/...ce-food-waste/

Most of the shopping in supermarkets must surely be for food.

I used Tesco's for fruit & vegetables but felt I was being ripped off
if I only wanted a normal quantity.

For cleaning products I find Aldi or Lidl hard to beat, probably
because a lot of their own brand products do not have advertising
agencies to support.

HN