Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Cabinet Door

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 07:46:12 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/28/2012 3:40 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:32:03 -0500, wrote:

On 4/28/2012 12:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 4/28/12 11:26 AM, Swingman wrote:
Hate to mention it, but I use a Festool TS75 to do this very thing for
making doors and windows for chicken coops:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...89345052179698

Love the plywood I-beams.

Keep six of them around all the time, all the same height no matter
which side up ... the uses to which they can be put is limited only by
imagination.

Worth giving up a bit of limited shop space many times over.

I think I even have Leon making some now.

Yeah, they're pretty cool, + considerably lighter than steel I-beams.
Do you wax them to keep finishes from sticking?

??? Can't say I have ever had a problem with a finish sticking to any
thing to the point that it was a problem... Then again my finishes go on
thin and absolutely with out runs. I use Gel varnishes and can varnish
one side. immediately flip it and put it down on the work surface to do
the other side.

When, during Texas summers? Waterlox takes 15 minutes to dry to the
touch, but I wouldn't dream of tipping a freshly finished piece on a
finished side even then. Are you talking about cabinet sides which
will be screwed together?

--
You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.'
-- Charles A. Budreau