Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Weekly spends on domestic requisoites

H. Neary wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:12:16 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

On 28/04/2012 12:49, H. Neary wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 09:25:31 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

On 28/04/2012 02:50, H. Neary wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 00:41:15 +0100,
wrote:

There are now just the wife and I and we spend about £240 a
month mostly in Tescos but we are moving away from them
because of their attempts to rip you off at every chance.A
few years ago that money covered spending for two
atheletic children and us two so don't be too hard on
SWMBO. I do the shopping myself so perhaps try doing the
weekly shop yourself and see where the money goes.
Robbie

A bit off topic ? but I agree totally. Tesco's do adopt
underhand tactics. I've seen things "misplaced" on shelves
quite frequently and even fell foul myself once. Needless to
say the misplaced items always end up in a cheaper space.

The other gripe are these "for one" offers. I feel ripped off
if I only want a normal quantity, so I just use Morrisons or
Asda.

Anyway, I'm coming to the conclusion that people should forget
investing in banks, gold, shares etc. The optimum investment
is probably tinned fish.

My staple diet has doubled in price over the last year or so.

HN

From what I observe on the odd occasion I go anywhere near a
city centre, people are eating continuously. Why they need any
food at home I can't imagine.

Kebabs, Mc Donalds, KFC. One needs the odd few nutrients with the
grease salt& sugar.

HN

A doner is probably the perfect balanced meal, but enough for the
whole day, not just a snack. I believe dog biscuits pack more
nutrients though

You must indeed be from a fortunate part of the planet. My
recollection of donors is a nice hot spicy meal ideally suited to
round off an almighty booze up.

Leave the remnants on the table, floor or whatever and you wake up to
view a pale grey corpse like material poking out from a pitta bread in
the throes of rigour mortis.

As a colleague once pointed out, "kebab shops just couldn't exist
without pubs", "who would dream of eating a kebab when sober".

You have just described my breakfast.

--
Adam