Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default foggy headlights

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 07:23:49 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 06:34:54 -0400, (Herb Eneva)
wrote:

On my 10 year old van the headlight lens are becomming real foggy.
It`s almost as if they have been sandblasted.
What can I do to make them clear again? Can I use a buffer wheel in a
drill with some sort of rubbing compound? Please help.

http://www.permatexrepair.com/product/lens

"Headlight restoration kit" --

My son works at a dealership in the prep bay. He was a skeptic
when they told him to restore a couple headlights on a used car-- Now
he's a believer. [but for *his* car, he'd just buy a new set of
glass, despite the cost.]

Nothing better than new lens, but you can defog/descratch pretty well
much more cheaply with the DIY remedies.
I used this on 2 cars. Bought it for 7 bucks or so.
http://www.amazon.com/BlueMagic-725-...pr_product_top
I did a Amazon review July 4, 2011.
That about covers it in my experience.
Just needed a clean rag.