Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weekly spends on domestic requisoites

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:39:32 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 02:50:41 +0100, H. Neary wrote:

The other gripe are these "for one" offers. I feel ripped off if I only
want a normal quantity, ...

BOGOF's, nearly always on non-perishable stuff so just bung the "free"
one in the cupboard. I tend to stock up on things that are on offer
either BOGOF or "Buy 2 for £2".

so I just use Morrisons or Asda.

Nearest Morrisons (22 miles) was a dark and dreary place with narrow
isles with fing baskets of tat shoved down the middle getting in the
way. Went in the other month after it's rebuilding post fire a year or
so back, much improved bright airy, may have wider isles still baskets
of tat parked down 'em though.

Asda is OK but at 32 miles further than our normal Tesco which is still
28 miles. There is a Tesco at 24 miles but that one doesn't stock some
of the products we want, like wise the Waitrose at the same place. There
is a Sainsburys at 22 miles but I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the
car park as that is council owned. You have to pay at Waitrose as well
but the free Tesco carpark is just across the road. B-)

Distances are single, double 'em for the round trip.

Hmmm. We're lucky!
Morrisons 1 mile, Sainsburys 2 miles, Tesco 4 miles, Asda 6 miles, Lidl 6
miles, Aldi now (unfortunately) 15 miles. Only parking charges are for
Morrisons but we only use that in emergency, for the same reasons you
cite.

Homebase 800 yards! Waste of shoe leather.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org