Posted to alt.home.repair
Senin Senin is offline

Default Countersink nails on Exterior Paint Job

On Apr 28, 7:41*am, Robert Macy wrote:
On Apr 28, 2:56*am, Senin wrote:

I am having my house exterior painted. *Full paint job, I even paid
extra for his handyman/carpenter to replace dryrotted planks on my
wood siding.

My question is...

Should part of his job be to countersink the nails that are exposed on
the siding?

*IF* you can argue that 'counter sinking nail heads' is included as
part of a standard methodology for an expected high quality paint job;
go for it.

Sorry. I guess my question should have been...
Is countersinking nails part of standard methodology for an expected
high quality paint job.

And, by the way, the painters left for the weekend. Leaving the
windows and patio door covered in plastic. Is that standard operating
procedures, or should they have removed them? I think if it were just
overnight, I could see them leaving them, but an entire weekend seems
like a long time.