Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default Texas Instruments Speaking Toy Repair

It's an RC oscillator circuit. The schematic shows an adjustable resistor.
None of my units have that--there is a fixed resistor. I cannot tell what
the value of the capacitor should be...guessing 60pF?

I forgot to mention--in my working toys, the clock still appears to wander,
but much less severely. It seems to fluctuate based on whatever the
microcontroller is doing.

Lacking in-depth experience with these circuits, I also want to be sure
whether I'm on the right track or not.

William