Stephen M

Default Sewing machine furniture - free plans

You're lookign to build?

I did one for my wife, and generated my own plans. The standard plans are
build around the lift mechanism. I dicided NOT to incorporate a lift as
quilters use the machine in the level (with the table surface) 95% of the
time, and she has no need to drop the machine into the table because it's in
a dedicated room. That is the quilting table is just that, it does not have
to maquerade as some other type of furniture.

She wanted gobs of table surface.... think aircraft carrier. I think the top
ended up being 32 x 78 with something like 16 inches to the right of the
machine for setting stuff down out of the way of the work-piece.

Also, many of the stock plans do not center **the needle** in front of the
seating position. This is just ergonomically wrong.

Food for thought.

Let me know if you would like pics
"MOE" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I've been hovering around here for a while. Nice newsgroup!

Been looking for free plans for sewing machine furniture. Something

simple
or something like this: http://www.koalacabinets.com/Quiltmate.ivnu

Anyone have a internet site?

(I already saw
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...m?&DID=6&sku=7
and

http://www.woodzone.com/Merchant2/me..._Cod e=226887
and
http://www.nicks.ca/385.html)

Thanks for any help that you can give me.
--
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted.