Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry[_7_] Larry[_7_] is offline

Default Attn: SketchUp users

Swingman wrote in
:

On 4/28/2012 10:41 AM, Larry wrote:

You're absolutely wrong but you already have you're mind
made up and I'm not going to change it.

Not true ... as soon as you provide solid evidence that the
statement:

You're going to tell me simply adding a selectable print
window wouldn't make things easier? Neither of us care about
the whitespace of the drawing, only what we've added.

On 4/27/2012 8:11 AM, Swingman wrote:
You simply can't blame the accuracy of multi page
templates printed on a personal printer on ANY software.

... is wrong, I'll swiftly retract any portion that is
proven wrong.

Convince me that being able to compensate for printer scaling
won't help.

I can do in AutoCad in a
couple of minutes what would take hours to get done in the
free version of SketchUp. Printing is much more flexible
in a real CAD program vs. SketchUp.

SketchUP is not technically a CAD program, and does not
pretend to be. It is instead "3D modeling software" ...
there is a big difference in the architectural concept
under the hood, and elsewhere.

Which is the reason I'm not complaining. The only bitch I've
got is they removed the ability to export to a *.dwg from the
free version.

The simple fact is that MANY people have problems printing to
scale regardless of whether or not the drawing spans pages and
a simple Google search will confirm that. You'll never make
software stupid proof but there is definitely room for
improvement in the printing functionality of SketchUp.

I'm done...

Larry