Default wood flooring on particle board?

I was in your position about 3 years ago, I wanted hardwood floors but had
the particle subfloor. The expense involved in replacing the particle
board was too much, so we settled on laminate ie pergo. Its held up fine
and haven't had any scratches or chip outs. As a previous poster mentioned
you should also look at the engineered hardwood, I believe it uses the
same floating floor concept as laminates.

" Jure.J " wrote:
: Thank you for your replies.
: Ripping out the particle board unfortunately is not an option.

: What would be the second best thing in this case then?

: Thanks!

: J.J.