Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default foggy headlights

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 06:34:54 -0400, (Herb Eneva)
wrote:

On my 10 year old van the headlight lens are becomming real foggy.
It`s almost as if they have been sandblasted.
What can I do to make them clear again? Can I use a buffer wheel in a
drill with some sort of rubbing compound? Please help.

Actually I just use Bonami or Comet (household cleansers) with a
sponge and it works good on my 10 year old car. Honestly it comes out
almost as new. If you look real for imperfections, of course not new
but it's reasonably close .... surely works at nite a lot better
without a doubt. I never did this but I bet with a buffer, it would
be even better but for me, its easy enough to do by hand and looks
pretty good.