Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default foggy headlights

On 4/28/2012 7:23 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 06:34:54 -0400, (Herb Eneva)
wrote:

On my 10 year old van the headlight lens are becomming real foggy.
It`s almost as if they have been sandblasted.
What can I do to make them clear again? Can I use a buffer wheel in a
drill with some sort of rubbing compound? Please help.

http://www.permatexrepair.com/product/lens

"Headlight restoration kit" --

My son works at a dealership in the prep bay. He was a skeptic
when they told him to restore a couple headlights on a used car-- Now
he's a believer. [but for *his* car, he'd just buy a new set of
glass, despite the cost.]

Jim

Instructional video is good. You could duplicate materials.
I used to use toothpaste to polish up a plastic watch lens.
Any mild abrasive would work but at all costs, avoid solvents, as they
could ruin the plastic lens.