Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Weekly spends on domestic requisoites

On 28/04/2012 02:50, H. Neary wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 00:41:15 +0100, wrote:

There are now just the wife and I and we spend about £240 a month mostly in
Tescos but we are moving away from them because of their attempts to rip you
off at every chance.A few years ago that money covered spending for two
atheletic children and us two so don't be too hard on SWMBO. I do the
shopping myself so perhaps try doing the weekly shop yourself and see where
the money goes.
Robbie

A bit off topic ? but I agree totally. Tesco's do adopt underhand
tactics. I've seen things "misplaced" on shelves quite frequently and
even fell foul myself once. Needless to say the misplaced items always
end up in a cheaper space.

The other gripe are these "for one" offers. I feel ripped off if I
only want a normal quantity, so I just use Morrisons or Asda.

Anyway, I'm coming to the conclusion that people should forget
investing in banks, gold, shares etc. The optimum investment is
probably tinned fish.

My staple diet has doubled in price over the last year or so.

HN

From what I observe on the odd occasion I go anywhere near a city
centre, people are eating continuously. Why they need any food at home I
can't imagine.