Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Another kitchen bites the dust UPDATED PHOTOS

"Swingman" wrote ...
Finally

These are the new "as built"photos of the last kitchen remodel/refresh
(after the BEFORE pictures), and are the ones real estate broker's
photographer took for the listing.

You can now see how the old and new maple cabinets, with stain and toner,
turned out and, of course, a couple of Leon's now infamous "Domino
Drawers":

Hey Karl and Leon, I would take those "Domino Drawers" and make them a
strong marketing point. Put together a strong presentation of those
drawers. I would also make up some samples that can be taken with you to
show to prospective customers. Show them the well documented process of how
the drawers are made. Show them a little something on the domino tool
itself. Emphasize the fact that this is a technology and process that is
not done by everybody. That you guys have embraced this technology because
it allows you to offer a superior product. You can also point out the the
dust extractor allows you to sand in the house with little or no dust.

I would suggest making up some samples with different kinds of wood. Give
them a choice. Between an online presentation, a portable presentation and
something that can be physically handled, you can really put it into their
hands and minds that you offer a superior product. Also do some
conventional dovetail drawers to compare them. Remember, the more choices,
the easier it is to say yes to something. With just two or three choices,
it is easier to say no.

Remember, the cardinal rule of marketing is differentiation. How am I
different than the other guys? How am I unique? Domino Drawers certainly
fills that criteria. And as a builder/cabinet maker who embraces this kind
of leading European technology, you are a modern day craftsman. And they
can expect good things from you. This, of course, would be in addition to
all the things that you obviously do well already. A little extra sparkle
and kinetic aspect to the presentation.

Just a thought I thought I would share with you guys. Some of my old
marketing background coming out I guess. I hope you don't mind.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...henRemodel2012

Looks nice. Good job.

I like it ... these photos show what a killer job Linda does job with
interiors ... the counter tops, back splash, tile floor, as well as the
color coordination, as usual.

You are being too modest. I am sure that Linda definitely contributed to
the overall success of the project. But Karl, Leon and company had
something to do with it as well!