Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default HOAs: "No solar panels for you"

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:15:16 -0400, "
wrote:

On 2012-04-27, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

In addition, HOA rules often outlaw "radio transmitting equipment,"
which logically means no cell phones, cordless phones, baby monitors,
wiFi, garage door openers, etc.

....and amateur radio (ham) or TV antennas. Ham magazines often have
articles on howto make disguised or construct hidden antennas.

Why?

Having lived near a ham I think I can answer that. Unless they are
shielded properly, a powerful ham rig will cause interference on
things like TV and radio reception. So hiding them makes it difficult
to find the culprit.