Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mac Davis Mac Davis is offline

Default Activator and CA glue

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 15:10:23 -0400, "Dan Jefferson"
wrote:

Using CA glue as a finish and when activator applied I end up with white
spots. I sanded down the pen blank again and applied CA glue without the
activator, and had no problem. Could I have been spraying too close to the
wood, or maybe air too cool? Open to any ideas.

Thks Dan

I've never used activator with a pen.. The heat from applying it with
the lathe spinning should cure it..

I use a lot of CA and some activator.. The aerosol works fine but I
never could use the pump kind without getting white areas..