Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default From flowchart to ladder

On 4/25/2012 8:06 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:41:52 -0400, Tom Gardnermars@tacks wrote:

On 4/24/2012 5:27 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I'll chime in on this PLC thing. I have a lot of experience using
different different computer languages to control equipment.

I always found PLC ladder logic to be difficult and arcane. I do know
the folks that do this can whip out a control program quickly.

If you don't have a fella with great aptitude for this sort of thing
in house, I'd hire it out. An expert will charge ya, but it will be
worth it.

Karl

I'm at the age where I feel the need to challenge my brain to keep it
functioning. What control scheme would you learn if you were in my shoes?

MAN I HEAR YA. If i don't use it, I'll lose it. I keep writing stuff
for my CNC control to try and keep it. It takes me ten times longer
than it used to and I just don't see mistakes in coding like I dide are a couple of local vendors that of
twenty years ago. Still, if I quit trying, I'd just as well fold up.

I almost bought the PLCs and software offered on automation direct.
I'd suggest you try that offer. You'd be real smart to *pay* for a
tutor.

Karl

There are a few local vendors that offer training on their products, do
you have any preferences like AB or such?