Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best Mirror Adhesive?

In article ,
Huge writes:
On 2012-04-26, Haveago wrote:

Could someone let me know what would be the best mirror adhesive for:

1. A 174 cm x 81cm acyrlic mirror (3mm) to be attached vertically to a
plastic/perspects board in the garden; and

2. A 150cm x 90cm (6mm) normal glass mirror with silver backing to be
attached vertically to vaults in a basement.

For a variety of reasons, neither of these can be drilled.

Many thanks for your advice and tips on both product and approach!

The mirror in my garage is stuck on with silicone mastic (likely
Wickes own). I want to move it, but cannot get it off the wall...

Depending on the quality of the back of the mirror, the acetic
acid given off during curing of silicone can wreck the silvering.
There is a special mirror equivalent which does not risk damaging
the mirror silver. A glass shop will have it, but I think I've
also seen it in one of the sheds.

Assume you won't ever get the mirror off without wrecking it.

--
Andrew Gabriel