Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

On Apr 26, 1:32*am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Michael Kilpatrick wrote:
On 25/04/2012 22:26, John Rumm wrote:

Also don't ignore the possibility of using one combi to heat a cylinder
of water as well as being able to provide hot water on demand itself.

This is exactly what I specified for our extension, and was surprised
when the plumber said that it was a little unusual.

the cost of a combi and tank exceeds the cost of a system boiler and
tank really so its a waste of money with no advantages

For our boiler in the kitchen the advantages would be:

Instant hot water at the kitchen tap for those small washing up jobs
and no long pipe run from the tank.

Potable hot water.

I would never consider connecting a combi to a shower, however. No
combi could come near our present pump fed mixers for performance
(hence the need for the instant hot water when the kids have drained
the tank).

MBQ