Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2 combi boilers?

Michael Kilpatrick wrote:
On 25/04/2012 22:26, John Rumm wrote:

Also don't ignore the possibility of using one combi to heat a cylinder
of water as well as being able to provide hot water on demand itself.

This is exactly what I specified for our extension, and was surprised
when the plumber said that it was a little unusual.

the cost of a combi and tank exceeds the cost of a system boiler and
tank really so its a waste of money with no advantages

The tank is twin-coil - we have solar thermal fitted.

And that is relevant how?

(Other than demonstrating value for money is not a concept you are
familiar with).

Michael

and how hard it is to achieve it.