Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default OT rant: bank of America

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 00:04:29 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 00:02:58 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:36:25 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

BA just cut my credit limits --- a lot.

The card I was carrying, thinking I had 5,000 or so available credit. They
cut it to shaving distance from my balance. One day I tried to buy gas, but
was declined.

Anyone else having a bit of grief from BA?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

There are two separate issues here.

First, the credit line. Most bank started cutting back credit a
couple of years ago. They want to reduce exposure. Cuts of 50% to
75% were common.

Second issue is BofA. They bought out my old bank years ago. They
really did not want my account nor do they want any account with less
than six figures. Fees were the highest around, checks took a long
time to clear, etc.

Find another bank, another credit card, etc. Get away from them and
find a nice small local bank and hope they stay that way.

About 4 or 5 years ago I had one or two bank accts with BA and when I
decided to close them, all of a sudden they came up with bogus fees to
close them. I don't remember what I said but I complained and they
agreed to take them off. I remember the branch mgr saying to me, she
expected I'd come back but so far I haven't and don't see it happening
in the near future neither. So far I'm pleased with my current banks
but you have to watch all of them as they will try to nickle and dime
you to death if you let them. Sometimes if you've been banking with
them for years or carry a big balance, they bend a bit but not always.

Big balance = a lot of money in your acct.