Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default York Blower Motor Not Running; Error LED Blinking

On Apr 25, 8:07*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:47:38 -0700 (PDT), jay
wrote:

I had a complete York AC/Heating System installed in my house in 2007.
Recently air stopped coming out of the vents even when the fan is set
to On via the thermostat unit. I went in the attic and opened the air
handler unit (Model AHP60D2CH21A) and saw that the squirrel fan's
blades are not rotating. Actually they rotate slowly for a few
moments, then gives up and then tries to start repeatedly. It even
rotates in the wrong direction once in a while! The motor is not
binding as it turns freely. The error LED on the blower relay circuit
board is blinking. I think it is blinking the error code 1 (limit
switch currently open, not in lockout). It blinks slowly on and off
forever without a change in interval. Does this correspond to error
code 1?

What component is likely to be bad?
1) Motor
2) Starter capacitor
3) Some type of safety switch / thermocouple
4) Circuit board

What things can I check with a volt meter? Thx.

* ASSuming it is an induction motor, most likely a bad starting cap.

I hope for the OPs sake it is a standard induction motor.

If it is a new variable speed electronically commuted motor, then he
is about to give back some of the "savings" .

Mark