Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For fun at Home Depot

On Apr 25, 2:15*pm, notbob wrote:
On 2012-04-25, gonjah gonjah.net wrote: .........but "Breaking Bad"

is just about the best thing on TV.....

That's like saying, "this piece of used toilet paper is my favorite
piece of used toilet paper".

Apparently, the premise of the series is, it's ok to do bad as long as
it's for a higher purpose.

That isn't really the premise of the show. While Walter
started out going into the meth business because he
had lung cancer and wanted to provide money for his
family when he was gone, every episode shows the
horrible consequences of his plan, both direct and indirect. The name
of the show isn't "Breaking Good".

The Nazis ran with the same logic and were
responsible for the deaths of 60M ppl. *Sorry, but I've known too many
"meth heads" in my life and there is no GOOD reason, either for the
logic or the drug, let alone a TV series.

nb

I seem to recall a recent thread here where the rule
was discussed that the first person who invokes Nazis
loses the argument. Sure applies here. You didn't
even know what the show was and now you're comparing
it to Nazis? Maybe you should at least watch it first? By the same
rules you'd have to get rid of half the TV shows and
movies. Every one that deals with crime, the mafia,
terrorism, etc.