Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default dennis needs to learn about usenet, (was OT; geoffs an idiot, was: Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?)

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Sorting by subject is pointless unless searching for a particular message
etc, since it won't cope with threads that change subject in the middle,
as this one has done several times.

What are you talking about?
You are saying the exact opposite of what really happens.
Most users don't care about getting replies to one of your threads in the
order of the thread.
they want it grouped into posts that follow a subject.
There have been lots of such threads in uk.diy.
I really don't know why you want to read these things out of sequence after
a subject has been changed.

We aren't going to agree, so there is no point in continuing.
You do what you want and I will do what I want.
It makes no difference anyway.

FU set.