Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default dennis needs to learn about usenet, (was OT; geoffs an idiot, was: Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?)

Bob Eager :
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:02:53 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 24/04/2012 23:43, dennis@home wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

I don't even need to cater for people that like to thread by
reference rather than subject.
You know how to do either so live with it.

Not causing me a problem old fruit...

So why are you arguing.
Your reader does the same as everyone else's. it threads on title.

Well obviously not...

otherwise each of those name changes would result in a new thread, and
as you can see, they don't:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/9/90/AUsenetThread.png

A different title is a different thread end of story.

You may like it to be the case, but I suggest you go read the RFC and
understand how it actually works.

I don't care how it works, its how the majority use it that matters.

And you appera to be in a majority of one. It's just another way to
wiggle on your part.

This lamentable display demonstrates beyond any shadow of doubt that
Dennis is just a troll. Best ignored.

--
Mike Barnes