Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default New subject, new thread? Nope... dennis needs to learn aboutusenet

On 25/04/2012 21:37, D.M.Chapman wrote:

My (ancient) news reader (strn, I don't expect you to have heard of it)
displays everything by thread index. Nearly all new threads are correctly
identified as new threads. Occasionally someone changes the subject entirely
as you suggest *within* a thread (I've just done it with this post) but
it's rare. Maybe one or two a month in uk.d-i-y.

This article has a new subject. Does your client show it as an entirely
new thread?

Nicely tucked away as a reply to menace, umpteen levels down in the
"Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?" thread here. ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.