Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default New subject, new thread? Nope... dennis needs to learn about usenet

"John Williamson" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

"D.M.Chapman" dmc@puffin. wrote in message

This article has a new subject. Does your client show it as an entirely
new thread?

As it happens yes it does!
And if I ignore the thread it doesn't ignore all the other threads
either.
Like I said most people don't thread by the header, most people use the
same (or based on the same) reader I am using. Unless you know otherwise.
It works how most users expect it to work and not how some odd person
decided it should work decades ago.

It would be interesting to see how you can justify your claim that most
people use the same newsreader that you use.

The program you use (Windows Live Mail 14) is *not* a standards compliant
program, as the rest of the world understands it, either as an e-mail
program or a newsreader.

Really, just like windows isn't.
No, its just very common.

The version you use is only used by a minute percentage of Usenet users,
and is not based on the same code base as any other newsreader, except
maybe other versions of WLM, which are even worse piles of cr@p, or OE6,
which needed fixing before it was even remotely usable.

And is still used by more people than the others and behave in the same way
(apart from not quoting very well).