Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Remote Controlled Dimmer Issue

Bob Minchin wrote:
AntonyLeeds wrote:
I have bought a Volex Dimmer switch from B&Q, intalled it and
programmed one button on my tv remote to control the lights. I
have noticed however that the lights are being switched on and off
by my Sky remote AND radio remote even though I havent programmed
the two remotes....any ideas how I can get round this issue???

I suspect that you mean you have taught the switch to recognise the
code transmitted by your tv remote.

Try teaching it another code from another remote - maybe even one
from a redundant piece of equipment of a different brand or just take
the big walk all the way to the wall and switch the lights manually.

But which buttons?

Are the remotes sharing the same code on certain buttons or is the the Volex
dimmer only able to program itself to the first part of the remote code?

Trying different buttons on the TV remote and reprogramming the dimmer would
be my first suggestion.

And Volex do have a tech helpline.

If you are doing this to benefit a disabled person then I apologise in
advance for my sarcasm.

:-)

--
Adam