Posted to alt.home.repair
Chip C Chip C is offline

Default Question for a worldly electrician

On Apr 25, 10:41*am, Metspitzer wrote:
I just saw a TV commercial. *It was about two Asian girls fighting in
an Asian coffee shop. *At the end of the commercial one of the two
girls plugs in a laptop. *The outlet is shaped like the outlets we use
here in America.

Do they use the same type outlets in the countries that drive on the
right side of the road?

I was hoping a worldly person could answer this. *I never leave the
recliner. *

Japan uses outlets and switches very much like North American ones, I
presume owing to the American administration following WWII, having
resisted the European colonization of, oh, everywhere else. A lot of
the outlets are only two-prong but apparently the three-prongs are
becoming more common. Wikipedia tells us that the actual size specs
are a little different but they certainly look the same.

Trivia question du jour: name another drive-on-the-left place which
the US took (and retains) control of and *didn't* bother to change the
road rules.

You sure the ad was set outside North America? Was there anything else
that might give it away? Money? Cars? Skinny little cans of Coke or a
bottle of Calpis?

Chip C