Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default dennis needs to learn about usenet, (was OT; geoffs an idiot, was: Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?)

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:

And what does your reader think is a sub thread? How does it decide?

It uses the references header - like any decent news reader does. It's why
changing the subject is irrelevant

So you are saying it doesn't know what a sub thread is?
the reference is the same.

No, it isn't the same.

I wonder why they have a kill sub thread if it can't tell?

They can tell...

My news reader is using referenced headers and is currently showing:

uk.d-i-y #256940 (8 + 197 more) |-(3)+-(3)
From: "dennis@home" - | \-(3)--(3)--(3)
+ ass.net \-(2)+-(2)+-(2)--(2)
[2] dennis needs to learn about usenet, | \-[2]--[2]--[2]--[2]+
+ (was OT; geoffs an idiot, was: Windows |
+ 7 32 or 64 bit ?) \-(2)--[2]
Date: Tue Apr 24 22:02:24 BST 2012

as the article header.

Not the structure of the conversation being shown. From references headers

Well don't post to my posts then, I don't care as I am not a troll unlike
some of the others here.

I'm guessing not a lot of real world experience of running usenet systems
either.

Darren