Posted to uk.d-i-y
Wendy[_2_] Wendy[_2_] is offline

Default egg shell paint yellowing?

"geraldthehamster" wrote in message
On Apr 24, 9:04 pm, "Wendy" wrote:
We have our doors painted with eggshell paint, they are the wood grain
type.

The inside of the bathroom is yellowing, its been repainted 6 months or so
ago with the same result.

Any suggestions for a similar paint or finish that wont yellow?

What I find perplexing is the way that some white paint seems to go
yellow where it is *not* exposed to sunlight. I painted a window sill
about 2 years ago with Crown Solo gloss white, then stood a pot on it.
I confess that nobody moved the pot for the whole time. When I did
move it, a yellowed circle was visible on the otherwise still-white
surface.

Regards
Richard

Any suggestions on the best way to prepare the yellowing paint prior to
using water based egg shell paint? The door is the raised wood grain type so
sanding is not an option.

Thanks.