Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Remote Controlled Dimmer Issue

AntonyLeeds wrote:
I have bought a Volex Dimmer switch from B&Q, intalled it and programmed
one button on my tv remote to control the lights. I have noticed
however that the lights are being switched on and off by my Sky remote
AND radio remote even though I havent programmed the two remotes....any
ideas how I can get round this issue???

I suspect that you mean you have taught the switch to recognise the code
transmitted by your tv remote.

Try teaching it another code from another remote - maybe even one from a
redundant piece of equipment of a different brand or just take the big
walk all the way to the wall and switch the lights manually.

If you are doing this to benefit a disabled person then I apologise in
advance for my sarcasm.

Bob