Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default egg shell paint yellowing?

On 25/04/2012 14:52, sm_jamieson wrote:
On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:04:30 PM UTC+1, Wendy wrote:
We have our doors painted with eggshell paint, they are the wood grain type.

The inside of the bathroom is yellowing, its been repainted 6 months or so
ago with the same result.

Any suggestions for a similar paint or finish that wont yellow?

Use a water based paint like the quick-drying acrylic paints. They are very hard to avoid brush marks showing though, since they dry too quickly.
The oil-based paints always go yellow eventually. Apparently with the new reduced VOC recipes this has got worse.

For large areas like doors use a foam roller.